Austria has it all! Architecture, lakes, mountains, culture, sports, famous musicians – what more could you wish for?!
Once an important part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the marks of the kingdom can be seen through out the country, with many of the big cities listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites. In cities like Vienna, where palaces sit next to palaces and old world charm can be seen on almost ever corner. Salzburg, home of Mozart, the Salzburg festival, and the setting of the Sound of Music. Graz, a large university town, where you can visit Schlossberg or Castle Mountain and live in a city named capital of culture, design and food, all in the last 20 years. Or Innsbruck, famous for its winter sports at the base of the Alps.
If you’d like to get out of the city, hiking and skiing can easily be accessed throughout the country. The landlocked nation also offers rich opportunities to travel during your time off, with the neighbouring countries, like Germany, Hungary and Slovakia just quick train rides away.
By coming to Austria, you will benefit from being in a German speaking country with a twist. It is a unique place and you will not regret spending your time as an Au Pair there.
Our programmes in Austria are for between 6-12 months, allowing you to be fully immersed as an Au Pair in an Austrian family.
- You will work maximum 18 hours per week.
- Receive approximately 550 Euro per month as well as food and accommodation as a part of the family.
- Your host family help with 50% of the cost of your first language course.
- By working with an agency, you will receive local support to assist you during your stay, including advice for settling in to Austria, emergency assistance, and help to find other friends and language classes.
To apply for your Austrian adventure, you should:
- Ideally be aged between 18-28 years
- If not from the EU, Be able to apply for the Austrian Au Pair Visa – please contact your local Austrian Embassy for more specific information if required.
- Basic German knowledge is preferred but not required, unless you are coming from outside of the EU, in which case A1 level German is required.
- Have experience working with children – this can be as a big brother or sister, during work experience in a nursery or as a babysitter. If you are unsure, contact us!
- Have a love for children and an open mind to learn about a new culture from a unique standpoint – from right in the middle of it!
What you will need:
- A completed registration form
- A dear family letter – this is an introduction about yourself for your future host family. You might like to write about your home life, family, interests, studies, and most of all, why you want to be an Au Pair in Austria.
- A small photo album with smiley photos of you and your family/friends.
- Copy of your school grades/university certificate or other course you may have taken (for example, language courses).
- Passport or valid ID that you can travel with
- 2 childcare references and one character reference (3 people in total). We will need to be able to check these so please make sure that they are reachable and happy to be contacted.
- Clean enhanced DBS/Police check – we can help UK applicants to apply for this.
- Medical certificate – a short statement for your doctor saying that you are fit enough to work with children.
- Driver’s license – if you would be happy to drive, that is!