Australia has fast become the hit destination for young people the world over, with its warm climate, sunny beaches, relaxed lifestyle and diverse landscapes. Going to Australia as an Au Pair will allow you to experience all this and more from within an Australian family environment.
To get from Perth on the west coast to Sydney on the east, you need to travel over 4000 km and our partners in Australia will do their best to help you find a great family somewhere in between. And there are many great areas to choose from! Sydney with its famous landmarks, such as the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Bondi Beach is a classic destination for visitors, while Melbourne is the capital of art and music culture. Further north in Queensland, you can choose between surf, city life and quiet nature in cities such as Brisbane, Gold Coast or by exploring the Great Barrier Reef. In Perth, you can experience a unique local music scene as well as the diversity of marine life along the coast, whales and dolphins included!
Our programmes in Australia are for between 6-12 months, allowing you to be fully immersed in the relaxed Australian way of life
- You will work between 20-40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- Pay varies according to experience by is normally between $7-8 Australian Dollars per hour ($140-320 per week).
- Free accommodation and food with your host family – Australia can be expensive, especially in the bigger cities, so this is a great benefit!
- By working with an agency, you will receive local support to assist you during your stay, including advice for settling in to Australia, emergency assistance, and help to find friends.
To apply for your Australian adventure, you should:
- Ideally be aged between 18-30 years.
- Be eligible for the Australian Working Holiday Visa or studying in Australia (if you will be studying, you can work up to 20 hours per week).
- Preferably have a driver’s license
- Have fluent or good English
- Have experience working with children – this can be as a big brother or sister, during work experience in a nursery or as a babysitter. If you are unsure, contact us!
- Have a love for children and an open mind to learn about a new culture from a unique standpoint – from right in the middle of it!
What you will need:
- A completed registration form
- A dear family letter – this is an introduction about yourself for your future host family. You might like to write about your home life, family, interests, studies, and most of all, why you want to be an Au Pair in New Zealand.
- A small photo album with smiley photos of you and your family/friends.
- Copy of your school grades/university certificate and any other courses you may have taken (i.e. first aid, sports, languages).
- Passport or valid ID that you can travel with
- 2 childcare references and one character reference (3 people in total). We will need to be able to check these so please make sure that they are reachable and happy to be contacted.
- Clean enhanced DBS/Police check – we can help UK applicants to apply for this.
- Medical certificate – a short statement for your doctor saying that you are fit enough to work with children.
- Driver’s license – if you would be happy to drive, that is!
- After you have been placed with a family, our partner will help you to apply for a “Working with Children Check” in Australia.
- Health Insurance – we can help you with this!
Can you resist?! We don’t blame you! Sign up now!